Welcome!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010
So you stumbled across this blog, or maybe you were linked to it.  Either way, welcome.  Grab a comfy spot and get ready for a possibly bumpy, hopefully inspiring, potentially riveting journey. 
You are expecting to read about birth.  You will.  It will be the story of one birth, my birth, but it will be the story of other births as well.  My other births, other births I hear of through my journey, I am sure you will even see glimpses of your own births.  Every birth is unique, but in many ways they are the same too.  Simply, every birth is a journey.
A word of caution though.  This will be more than a simple birth journal.  It will be a place to discuss the current climate of birth in America.  More specifically, it will talk a lot about VBAC, or Vaginal Birth After Cesarean and all of the issues surrounding it.  The potential benefits, risks, the legal limitations (oh yes, there will be some ranting involved here!), and the rights of women to make decisions for their bodies and their births. 
While I want this to be a place for support for myself and other women facing VBAC, I also hope it is a place of healing for women who didn't get the birth they dreamed of, and a place of education for women who have not yet given their birthing power away.  If you are a woman with a uterus, I hope you take away something from your visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment